How to limit participants' daily questionnaire responses

Dear all,

I am conducting event-based ESM research. I hope my participants can answer the questionnaire several times a day, whenever they want, but no more than 5 times per day. I have thoroughly reviewed the instructions but cannot find how to set this limit. Could you please assist me with this?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,
Heying

Hi @heyingyang0629,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your event-based ESM research. I appreciate your interest in our platform.

Currently, the functionality to limit questionnaire responses is not supported within our system. However one workaround could be to add 5 TimeTLs to the survey allowing participants to response to the survey during the entire day for maximum of 5 times. However the downside of this approach is that participant’s will see 5 sessions per day for that survey, which is a bit different from what you are looking for. Otherwise if you need this feature for your study I recommend reaching out to our sales team at sales@avicennaresearch.com.

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we are continuously working to enhance our platform to better serve researchers like you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,
Faham

Hi Faham,

Thank you so much for your help! Adding 5 TimeTLs is definitely a perfect solution, but I have a related question. Is it possible to set up the display of the next survey twenty minutes after the completion of the previous survey? I tried using Criteria, but it seems not to work for this.

Thanks again for your help!

Best,
Heying

Hi Heyin,

You can set the expiry time of the survey so that it expires the session 20min before the next scheduled session. In this way if the participant don’t complete the session up to 20min before the next session, the session will expire and disappears, and they’ll be prompted with the next available session. Otherwise, unfortunately you can’t set a session to prompt based on the completion time of another session.

Thanks,
Faham

Thank you for the reply Faham! Your answers help a lot.