Data export bug: many responses were not exported

In Survey Responses all responses are there, but after data export as CSV many responses (rows in the CSV-file) are missing. This ocurred in data export of study 913, subject 64922, survey 4715; the data is missing in the CSV-file from 12-12-2022 till 5-1-2023
regards
Jan

Dear Jan,

Sorry for the delayed response; from seeing the exported CSV files in the “Export” tab in Researcher Dashboard it seems you found a way to export your required data on your own. Can you share with us what was the problem that you overcame?

The method I usually use for exporting the survey responses is to go in “Activities (left sidebar) → Select the survey → Responses (right sidebar) → Select participants → Export”. This is how another export record with ID 5 is added to your exports.

Best,
Sepehr Solouki

Dear Sepehr,
Thank you for your response. Creating an export file was not my problem. My problem appeared to be not an Ethica bug, I am sorry for suggesting that. If you open the CSV-file survey_responses_4715.CSV with Excel in the export ID 5 you have created, then you will notice missing lines and empty lines for line 16 to 20. Opening this same CSV-datafile with another application (I am now using read.cvs in R) shows an enter (\n ) in some fields of the last column (which is a text field). This \n causes a problem in Excel. Thus, it is not an Ethica issue (all data were exported), but an Excel issue. When using Excel for data analysis, first remove enters in the text fields.
regards
Jan

Dear Jan,

This is great that you were able to investigate this issue so accurately! Some of our users have had similar problem and we really couldn’t reproduce the issue since not all of us use Excel and by looking at the raw CSV everything looked OK and we couldn’t manage to help them. I’ll try to see if we can fix this issue on our side.
Thanks a lot for reporting this issue and providing us the result of your investigation, helping us to serve a better experience for you.

Best,
Sepehr Solouki